Welcome to Tibberton CE VC First School
Rated the highest grading of 'Excellent' in our Statutory Inspection of Anglican and Methodist Schools (SIAMS) Report, December 2021. Find out more below and by clicking on the 'Church Inspection' tab under 'Our School'.
Thank you for visiting our website and taking an interest in our school. Tibberton CE VC First School is a small village school in Tibberton, Worcestershire. We are a happy, caring school with a close family feel and a strong Christian ethos. Our hard working team of inspirational staff and governors are committed to providing the best possible education for all of our children through a broad, balanced and inclusive curriculum, underpinned by our Christian vision and values.
Our Christian vision is our commitment to serving with Grace. We give our very best to our school communities and every individual within our communities, adult and child alike.
‘Grace is a gift from God.’ (Ephesians 2:8)
In reflecting Grace, God’s gift of unmerited favour, it is imperative that we offer the same in serving others, simply because they are them. Not because of merit, attainment or significance but through love and forgiveness.
“Go and do likewise” (Luke 10:37)
In serving with Grace we enable every individual to flourish. Every child is treated as unique and special. By working together our children will grow in wisdom; cultivate a wide-ranging knowledge that will help broaden life chances; develop the spiritual, intellectual and emotional resources they need to live a good life; and develop the character to live well together in community.
Our vision is supported by the values we teach, the Christian Values chosen by our whole community. Values of:
Love Respect Friendship Truthfulness Courage Perseverance
We provide a broad, balanced and inclusive curriculum which allows every child to flourish and develop the skills they need in life. Children thoroughly enjoy coming to our school. The dedicated team of staff work hard to ensure that every aspect of life is safe, happy, stimulating and productive. Our high academic standards and an outstanding level of personal and spiritual care have been celebrated by the children, parents and inspectors alike over the years.
As well as providing rich and vibrant learning experiences in the classroom we seek to give our pupils a wide range of extra-curricular experiences including music, sport and the dramatic arts. With our Breakfast Club we are able to offer an extended day to our pupils and working parents.
We are always looking at how we can improve what we offer our children. We also work within a school federation, with Hindlip CE First School, providing additional opportunities to work together and beyond our setting.
Exploring the information on our website will provide a flavour of what life is like at our school, for example, our weekly newsletters or our regular podcasts. We would encourage you to visit us to see the school in action, meet our staff and pupils and discover for yourself how your child could thrive here. Together we will strive in all that we do to:
‘Achieve, Believe, Care.’
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The absolute value of each and every child drive our determination that every child has the right to feel safe and be safe, the right to learn, and the right to be treated with respect.
I am proud to be Executive Headteacher of Tibberton School.
Mr A Gromski
What did our last church inspection say?
- Deeply committed and exceptionally strong leadership has created a vibrant Christian learning community in which every member flourishes. Dedicated staff and skilled governors share the inclusive, embedded Christian vision which inspires and directs all aspects of school improvement.
- Remarkably strong, nurturing relationships, based on ‘serving with grace’, support all members of the school family. These sustain pupils and adults at times of personal need, supporting their mental health and wellbeing extremely well.
- Spirited collective worship inspires the whole school community to love one another and ‘go and do likewise’ (Luke 10:37). Deep connections to Jesus are made through prayer and biblical teaching. Strong and inspirational links with the church make a significant contribution to the school’s distinctive Christian character.
- High quality religious education provision, based on an enquiry led approach, requires pupils to think deeply and is both challenging and transformational in considering how pupils can aspire to live out the school vision.
- The vision and associated values are the foundation from which all pupils are enabled to achieve their potential, academically and personally. They have a substantial impact on pupils’ highly positive attitudes to each other, to life and to their learning. As a result, pupils achieve exceptionally well from their starting points.